Wednesday 10 June 2015

Noob Cube June 2015 Review

Noob Cube: June 2015 Review, 'Creature Feature'


Link: www.noobcube.co.uk



I actually had no idea what was in this package when it was delivered today - it was massive! When I took off the brown paper I discovered that it was...




Double Noob Cube! This month's items took up so much space that double cube space was required.




The box on the left contained the information leaflets and the majority of the items, while the box on the right only contained one large item.




These just gave some basic information about Noob Cube, along with a nice flier that showed the 'top 3 things happening in June' and revealed the theme of the next box.




Goliath Pop Vinyl


This was the large item in the box on the right hand side. It is amazing! It's honestly the largest Pop I have ever seen and the detailing is extremely impressive. I looked up the price and found that these go for £15 new, so that's a great value item to get in a £20 box. 

Unfortunately I have never played Evolve, as I'm not particularly fond of first person shooter games, but I love this guy in his own right. I'm definitely going to be keeping him in my Pop collection.

I took a pic of him with a couple of my other Pops, so that you can get an idea of the size:





There was only one other substantial/significant item in the box(es), which I'm guessing is down to the size and price of Goliath but was a little disappointing.




Jurassic World Model Car


I can see this being a big win for people who collect this type of thing as it is really nice and in perfect condition. Unfortunately vehicle models like this really don't do a lot for me. I will display it along with all my other dinosaur related memorabilia, but I don't feel all that excited to own it if I'm being honest. I was sort of hoping that the Jurassic World item would be something a little more fun/useful, though I'm glad that it turned out to be an actual collectible rather than a piece of tat!




Guardians of the Galaxy Festival Wristbands


These are quite a cool filler item. I used to collect festival bands (back when I was a teen with an actual life), so these really take me back to that. They're good quality too, so definitely wearable. The one thing that confused me was that I found the link between Guardians of the Galaxy and 'Creature Feature' a little tenuous. I mean, it sort of works...? But there are way more relevant fandoms that could have been represented in this box.





Maynard's Mini Creatures


These were really tasty (though there weren't enough of them). They're basically animal shaped wine gums. They tied in with the theme well though and were a nice treat.




Minions Temporary Tattoos


I love minions and I have a childish affection for temporary tattoos, so these are nice. They're a pretty typical filler item, but at least I may actually get some use out of them.




Tamagotchi Friends


I saved this until last because I still have the 'wtf' expression on my face. The packaging does very little to enlighten me about what this actually is/does. I think it's just a model? Obviously it relates to Tamagotchi. Other than that, it's just a small and very, very pink mini figure. I just...don't know. Are these a thing? Does anybody know why on earth they would include this? If anyone can enlighten me I would really appreciate it. It's currently sat on a shelf with my dinosaur collection and it really couldn't look more out of place. It's SO PINK!

Overall:


I loved the big Pop, but I felt that the rest of the items really suffered from its inclusion. Even disregarding the bizarre Tamagotchi thing, the other items weren't overly impressive. The idea behind the theme was so good that I think there were some missed opportunities to include some really great games and fandoms. The quality was certainly there though and the value of the items was far more than I paid, so I cannot complain on that count. I will give them another chance in the future I think, but I will wait until they bring out a theme that I really can't resist.

(NB: This subscription does NOT auto renew, so you have complete control over which boxes you do and do not receive)

Noob Cube: July 2015 Spoilers


The theme for next month, July 2015, is 'Bad Robot'. This could either be a reference to all things robot and cyber in general or it could be a reference to the production company Bad Robot, which made Lost, Fringe, Star Trek (the film) and others. Either way, this theme is not for me and I will not be ordering this box. I'll keep an eye out for other upcoming themes though and let you know if I'll be getting another box in.

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment