Monday 22 June 2015

My Geek Box June 2015 Review

My Geek Box: June 2015 Review, 'Abilities'


Link: www.mygeekbox.co.uk




I finally got my first My Geek Box on Saturday! It arrived a little later than I thought it would, but I think they had a lot of customers this month due to the promise of a European exclusive Funko Pop. The theme was abilities, so I was expecting a lot of superhero/Marvel/DC type items.

I'm going to start with the exclusive Pop, which everyone was very excited for:





Unmasked Cyclops Funko Pop (European Exclusive)


I have to admit, an unmasked version of an existing Pop is not an overly exciting reveal after all of the anticipation that had built around this item. Having said that, I love Pops of basically any kind and I do seem to be building (unintentionally) quite a large Marvel Pop collection! He fits in great with the theme and he's an adorable little bobblehead - so I can't complain.





'Mutant Academy' X-Men T-Shirt


This t-shirt is great for any X-Men fan - it's a really subtle design and I absolutely love that about it. It's great to see a white t-shirt in one of these boxes too. I understand why they don't send a lot of t-shirts in really bold colours, but I'm not a big fan of black t-shirts and my wardrobe is almost completely grey as it is. It fits great and looks great, so I'm very happy with it.





Star Wars Mouse Mat


I'll be honest - I don't like this item at all. 1) I don't like Star Wars and 2) I don't use a mouse with my laptop. It's completely useless to me. It will either be sold or thrown in a bin because I don't even know anyone who would appreciate something like this. A little disappointing to be honest, but hopefully other people got more out of this item than I did. I think they sent out a couple of different designs too (all Star Wars).





Spiderman Cards


I don't really know what these are - I'm assuming something that's collectible? Cards aren't really my thing, so they'll probably go the same way as the mouse mat. This would be a nice little filler item for a collector though.

Marvel Badges


I think everyone knows by now that I don't think much to badges in these boxes, but these are definitely some of the nicer badges I've received. I'm building an extensive badge collection thanks to these boxes - I need to figure out something to do with them all!

Now & Later Sweets


These appear to be American sweets, labelled as 'long lasting chews'. They're kind of a brightly coloured, strongly flavoured mixture of gum and Starburst type sweets. They're very weird. I can't tell if I like them.


Overall, the box was okay - it had good points and bad points. I liked the two big items, which is always a good thing. I could have done without any of the rest of it though. I'm wondering if the exclusive Pop is the reason why the rest of the box is a bit rubbish - as previous boxes that I've seen just seem to have way better content.

I'm signed up for 3 months, so I'll definitely be getting the next two boxes at least. So far I'm not convinced, but I'll reserve judgement for now. July's box is going to be themed 'Nemesis', so anything could be in store for the next box.

No comments:

Post a Comment