Sunday 19 July 2015

My Geek Box July 2015 Review

My Geek Box: July 2015 Review, 'Nemesis'


Link: www.mygeekbox.co.uk


Yesterday, I received my My Geek Box for July, which is themed 'Nemesis'. I haven't been to excited about this box because the theme wasn't overly appealing to me, but I think that they have done a good job with this one.



The box was in great condition this month and well packaged with a bright blue plastic bag covering the outside. The bag was great for me because I do prefer subtlety when I get these boxes and the bag did that without compromising the design of the box.




Everything was really well packed and looked like an intriguing collection of items! The box was also seriously heavy this month, due to one item in particular.




Resident Evil 'Umbrella Corp' T-Shirt


I love this t-shirt! I reckon this will please any Resident Evil fan - the blood slashes and splatters are great and the Umbrella Corp logo is really subtle. It's a great t-shirt, I think I will wear this a lot.




Transformers 'Autobot' Mug


This was the largest item in the box, but by no means the heaviest! This is a really great mug and and I'm relieved that it got to me in one piece. I love collecting quirky mugs, but they are so rarely delivered in good condition. The one downside for me is that it isn't dishwasher safe, but otherwise I am very happy with this.




I wanted to give you guys a better look at it - it is a very strange shape. The front side is completely flat while the rest of it is curved. I can see myself spilling tea everywhere due to the shape but I don't think that will stop me using it!




'Davros' Doctor Who Collectible


This was the super heavy item weighing the box down! It is crazily heavy for its size - I'm not entirely sure what it's made out of to be honest. I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, so this is a nice piece to have for my shelf. I think it would be a bit of a let down for anyone who isn't into the tv show but I think it was a nice fit for the theme.




Breaking Bad 'Los Pollos Hermanos' Notebook


I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad and notebooks so this should have been a win for me - unfortunately, season 4 was my least favourite and the 'Los Pollos Hermanos' storyline was incredibly boring. It's a really nice notebook though, very well made, and has the Breaking Bad logo on the corner of each page. I think this will be donated to my mum, who is a big fan of the show.




Terminator 'Skynet' Card Holder


I was really pleased to see this in my box, mainly because I've needed a card holder for absolutely ages. The design is great though and probably something that only a Terminator fan would instantly recognise. It's a good little filler item to include for this theme, particularly with the new film coming out soon.




The Hobbit 'Azog' Coaster


Who doesn't love the Hobbit? Again - a great filler item. Both filler items this month have been weirdly useful, which I very much appreciate. This coaster was being used almost straight away on my desk.


Overall:


I was pleasantly surprised by My Geek Box's efforts this month. I was worried that the theme would lend itself to a boring supervillain-fest, so it was nice to see that they did things a bit differently. Once again, they didn't include an info card so I was really relieved that I knew what everything was. They could definitely improve this box with an info card. In terms of the value, I think that it was pretty good this month, but that might be because all of the items will be of use to me.

I definitely liked the July box -what did you guys think?

August's theme for My Geek Box is 'Toons', so I'm assuming that we can expect to see a lot of animation related items in the next box.



No comments:

Post a Comment