Friday 19 June 2015

NerdBlock June 2015 Review

NerdBlock: June 2015 Review, 'British Invasion'


Link: www.nerdblock.com


My NerdBlock arrived today! It was incredibly speedy (as it was last month) and arrived within a couple of days of shipping.




As a Brit I was a little sceptical about how we would be represented in this 'British Invasion' box, but I'm happy to report that this box was actually the best geeky subscription box I have received yet! Almost everything in the box was a total hit for me and I enjoyed unboxing it all so much.

First up:




Mr Bean's Teddy


This was the first thing that I saw upon opening the box and I was literally so happy I squealed! When I heard that there would be Mr Bean items in the box I was worried that they had the potential to be a little bit rubbish/useless, but this is actually amazing. I grew up watching Mr Bean and Teddy was always a favourite for me - I used to love the Christmas episode where Teddy got new eyes in his stocking :) This item is very nostalgic for me and will be much loved. He's great quality and really squishy, with bean bag type material on his insides.




Doctor Who Titans Vinyl Figure


As if Teddy wasn't enough, we also got a fantastic Doctor Who item! I'm not sure if the figure was the same for everyone, but the one that I received is David Tennant's 10th Doctor (who happens to be my favourite). I've never had a Titans figure before but he is really cute and really well made. I took him out of the packaging and discovered he also comes with a little sonic screwdriver to hold in his hand, which is adorable! Totally made up with this item - I'm a massive Doctor Who fan.




Sherlock 'Bored' ShirtPunch T-shirt


Another one of my favourite fandoms being represented in this box! I'm really loving every ShirtPunch t-shirt that I've been sent so far, the artwork is always fantastic and they look really unique. This t-shirt is a huge win for any Sherlock fan - I'm so pleased with it.




Mr Bean Bendable


This is a cool figure, but it didn't excite me as much as the inclusion of Teddy. I've yet to take him out of the packet and test his bending skills but he seems like a really fun, quirky item to have around. I can't say it's necessarily my thing but it fits well with the theme and is a lot more interesting than receiving badges/stickers/tat.




Monty Python Magnets


I feel like a really bad Brit when I confess that I don't like Monty Python. I feel like I've failed my country. Fortunately, my parents are fond of Monty Python and can hopefully have some fun with these magnets. It's a really lovely, well made set and seems like it could be endlessly fun to play around with if you're a fan. It's a fantastic fit with the theme and I think a lot of people will really enjoy finding this in their boxes.




Whovian Art Print


I love this Doctor Who print - it has gone straight up on my wall! The paper is really thick compared to prints that I've received in other boxes, and it arrived in perfect condition without any bumps or creases. 

Now, just a quick shot of the info card that came with the box:




As I said at the start, this is the best geek box I've had yet. I either loved or liked everything in it. I think Brits in particular will get a lot out of this month's items. Last month's theme wasn't overly relatable to me, so I've loved having the opportunity to get a box from NerdBlock that really spoke to my interests.

NerdBlock have announced that the theme for the July box will be 'Humanity's Last Hope' (I will do a spoilers post as more info is revealed). It isn't really speaking to me as a theme, so I think I may deviate a little for July and switch to either the HorrorBlock or the ArcadeBlock temporarily.

Let me know what you thought of this month's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment