Monday 1 June 2015

Infinity Crate May 2015 Review

Infinity Crate: May 2015 Review, 'Loss'


Link: www.infinitycrates.co.uk



My Infinity Crate finally got here on the 28th of May. I think I mentioned before that this was the one that I was most excited for this month. The boxes are £17 (including p&p) and this month's theme was 'Loss' (with a hint at a Supernatural inclusion). Infinity Crate are the only sub box that I know of to take your interests into account when sending you items - so that you hopefully get more of what you do like and less of what you don't like. Before we get into it, let me tell you that this box did not let me down one bit! The first thing that I saw may have excited me so much that I let out a little squeal:




Supernatural T-Shirt


I would happily have paid £20 just for the pleasure of owning this t-shirt, so this alone made the box worth every penny for me. It says 'Saving People, Hunting Things, The Family Business' - which is self explanatory for anyone who watches the show. Those that haven't seen it need to stop reading this and go and watch it. I also should mention that the t-shirt is great quality, though it does run slightly small. It still fits me well, but it is a little more snug than other sub box t-shirts (I get all of my t-shirts in a Small btw, if that gives anyone a frame of reference).




'The Mountain' Funko Pop Vinyl


So far Infinity Crate have got full marks on this box! I love Game of Thrones almost as much as Supernatural, so this Pop was a real win for me. Unfortunately his box got quite badly battered in the post and is a little damaged, which I guess is always a risk when buying online. Thankfully the Pop itself is in perfect condition, so I'm not overly concerned.




Batman Rubber Bracelet


Bit of a filler item. I'm not sure I'll ever get any use out of it. I do like Batman though, and it was on my list of interests so I can't fault Infinity Crate on that count. It's something I would probably have worn ten years ago, being a super depressed, nerdy teenager, but I can't think of anything to use it for these days.




Walking Dead Decal


Walking Dead actually wasn't on my interests. I would love to get into it, but I'm a massive coward and I get too scared watching it on my own. My partner watched a couple of episodes with me, but now that we've broken up I have no one to use as my human shield for watching scary things. I might have to convince a friend that they want to get into it. Anyway - I have mentioned my opinion on decals here before I think - I'm not overly bothered with this item. No idea where I would stick it, even if I was into the show. Maybe I'll think of something.




Assorted Temporary Tattoos


If it looks like there is a bit missing at the top there, that's because there is. As soon as I saw the Batman temporary tattoo I acted like a giddy child and stuck it straight on. 


I then regretted it as soon as I realised that I had to go out in public. Oh well. These are cool though. I won't use the Star Wars ones but the others might be good fun. I'm definitely saving the anti-possession Supernatural tattoo for something good.




Cause of Death Poster


This Mario themed poster is really cute and has gone straight up on the wall by my desk. I love quirky posters like this - they're a filler item that I tend to really like. So far I haven't actually got many posters in my boxes, so I hope I start seeing a few more.

Overall, I really couldn't have been happier with this box. It really did hinge on the main two items, as everything else was pretty much filler, but if you like those two things then I think the box would be a hit for you. They've done a great job of matching my interests for the big stuff, so that really worked for me. Even a couple of the filler items were things that I was genuinely pleased with and enjoyed. 

I'm definitely keeping this box going for a few more months. If it keeps delivering things that are so perfect for me then I can see myself really enjoying it. It was the one I was most excited for and it has definitely been my favourite UK geek sub box so far. 

Next month, June 2015, they are doing the theme 'Gather', which I would imagine will have maybe a bit of a fantasy twist? It is very hard to say though. Hopefully it's as great as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment