Friday 5 June 2015

Lootmonster May 2015 Review

Lootmonster: May 2015 Review, 'Marvel'


Link: www.lootmonster.co.uk



I finally received my Lootmonster box for May 2015 today. I have to say straight away that I was unimpressed with receiving a May box a week into June. I contacted customer service when it hadn't arrived and they were very polite and helpful, but their only explanation for the lateness of the box was that they had been at a lot of cons and received a lot of orders. I do have some sympathy for how busy they've been, but it is their job to be prepared at the end of the day. Anyway, I'll move onto the box:

I don't actually remember being aware of any theme for the box this month, but it was immediately apparent that the theme was 'Marvel'.




'The Punisher' T-shirt


I really liked the t-shirt that they included this month! I'm not normally a huge fan of black t-shirts, so I was expecting to be a bit 'meh' about this once I saw what colour it was, but it looks really cool. It's a little thinner than t-shirts I've got in other boxes, but not thin enough for the quality to really be called into question.




Odin Funko Pop Bobblehead


As I'm sure you know by now, I absolutely love getting Pops in my mystery boxes! Odin is awesome, his detailing is amazing and the fact that he is a bobblehead is just the icing on the cake. He looks so cute in my Pop collection. Hopefully I can get some other Marvel characters in the future to keep him company.




Marvel Play-Doh Can-Heads


As cute as this looks I admit that I was a little confused to see this in a box aimed at adults. It might have been a little more appropriate in a box aimed specifically at juniors. I concede that you're never really too old to enjoy Play-Doh, but this very much has the feel of a kids' playset. I have a feeling that this will likely be getting passed on to my young cousin.




Marvel Stationery Set


Again, this item had a pretty young feel to it but the pencil and pen are actually really cool. I will probably keep these scattered about my desk for general use. It's not something I would ever have bothered to purchase for myself but these things will be nice to have lying around.




Marvel Top Trumps


This was pretty cool to get, I always loved playing Top Trumps when I was younger. The cards themselves are really nice so it'll be a lovely set to hold on to.




Daredevil Action Figure


To me this seemed to be the most random item in the box. It's just a stationary toy figure of Daredevil - I guess there isn't that much more you can say about it. I wasn't excited about this really, but I think that may be down to a combination of apathy towards Daredevil and the fact that I don't collect or hang on to this sort of toy. For anyone who does like to collect this type of thing, I can see this being a really nice inclusion. From a brief look at what other people have received they sent around a mix of figures, so different people would have got different Marvel characters.




Spiderman Rubber Bracelet


This actually matches my Batman bracelet (Infinity Crate, May 2015) perfectly. It's a shame I will never actually wear either of them because I'm not 13 years old. They are both just looking cute on my shelf until I figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Marvel Heroes Candy Sticks


I love candy sticks. Enough said - great addition.

Overall:


This was a really great box in terms of both quality and quantity of content. A t-shirt, a Pop, 1 big item, 3 smaller items and some filler is quite a lot to get in a mystery box. Despite the price, you definitely do get a fair amount for your money. The theme wasn't the best for me - I like Marvel, but I don't love it to the extent that any of these items would really make my day. For a big Marvel fan though this box would be incredible.

Lootmonster is, by far, one of the most expensive boxes on the market and that is the real downside for me. It's the main reason that this is just going to be a one-off box for now. I was impressed by them, so if I hear about a really great upcoming theme I reckon I would sign up again. Unfortunately, this month the items just didn't excite me enough to out-weigh that steep price.

No comments:

Post a Comment