Tuesday 21 July 2015

Nerd Block July 2015 Review

Nerd Bock: July 2015 Review 'Humanity's Last Hope'


Link: www.nerdblock.com



Nerd Block is here! I originally was not going to order this month's box because 'humanity's last hope' wasn't a theme that appealed to me straight off the bat. Even so, I'm glad that I kept my subscription going in the end.




Karate Kid Cobra Kai T-Shirt


Unfortunately the t-shirt did underwhelm me this month. I had to google what it was because I had no idea what it was from - I've never seen Karate Kid! The design is cool though, so if you like the film then I reckon this is a neat t-shirt to get. It is also black though, which is another mark against it in my book.




Buffy the Vampire Slayer 'Spike' Titan Vinyl Figure


I love this! I was sooo excited for a Buffy item, so I had braced myself for it being a bit rubbish - but this is fantastic. I don't really collect the Titan Figures, but they are still a great little collectible. He also comes with a fab prop, from the ep where they have him chained up in Giles' bathtub:




Spike is one of my favourite Buffy characters, so I'm over the moon with this inclusion.




Mad Max Comic (Exclusive)


I don't really know much about Mad Max if I'm being honest, but I am really looking forward to reading this. I love a comic, even if I'm not familiar with the story or characters, and it can be a great way to get into something new. I also really like that it came bagged and boarded - nobody wants a mangled comic!




Iron Man Pocket Pop Keychain


Everyone knows I love a Funko product! This is my first Pocket Pop too, so I was really excited to see this. The only thing that bothers me is that it doesn't seem particularly sturdy - I'm worried he's going to get a bit bashed about on my keys. He is adorable though.




The only ideal for me would have been if it were a different character - I already have the full sized version of this and another Iron Man Pop.




Ghostbusters Wallet


I don't really use 'wallets' of this kind of design really, but I'm sure it could come in useful as a card holder for various excess bits that don't fit in my purse. It looks really cool when you open it up though:



It's a bit of a filler item really, but it has the potential to be pretty useful so I'm happy with it.




Transformers Danglers


I hadn't heard of these, but I do find the word 'danglers' hilarious. It seems to be a cross between a keychain and a phone charm, which makes it pretty versatile I guess. I think it's a 'mystery bag' type thing, so you could have got a variety of characters. This is the one I got:




Again, it seems like a filler item but it's cute and will probably go on my keys with Iron Man.

Finally, the info card (front and back):





Overall:


Despite not being excited for the theme and not really 'getting' the t-shirt - I loved this box! I think Nerd Block have been doing an excellent job recently and I sincerely hope that it continues. I'm really enjoying all of the things they send me, even the smaller 'filler' bits, and the value always seems to be there too. It remains as one of my favourite sub-boxes, even after 3 months!

I'll do a 'spoilers' post for August once they've revealed a little more information ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment