Wednesday 29 July 2015

Infinity Crate July 2015 Review

Infinity Crate: July 2015 Review, 'Time & Space'


Link: www.infinitycrates.co.uk

It's Infinity Crate time! The box arrived a little later than usual this month, but I think that was down to the way the weekends fell. As always, the box was sent via the Royal Mail 48hr service and reached me in perfect condition.




Once again, Infinity Crates really nailed it with the big items this month! I don't always think much to the filler items but the ability to specify your interests with infinity crates seems to make for fantastic Pop/t-shirt choices. First up:




Funko Pop! Vinyl 'Dalek'


I hadn't let myself be excited about the possibility of Doctor Who Pops in the 'Time & Space' theme because these Pops are really new. I am so unbelievably happy with this Dalek Pop! I've already pre-ordered the 'Dalek Sec' Pop, so they'll be a great pair to have in my collection. This Pop alone made me thrilled with my Infinity Crate this month - it's completely perfect for me. A close up:




Other Pops available this month appear to be 'Predator', 'Stormtrooper', 'Hoban Washburne' and 'Nebula' - a pretty decent selection all round.




Time Travel T-Shirt


I love the t-shirt design this month, I think it might be my favourite from a sub box yet! The design shows a mixture of iconic images from various time travel related shows and film, including Doctor Who, Hot Tub Time Machine and Back to the Future. I'm always pleased when I get a t-shirt that isn't black as well. Other t-shirts available this month were Transformers, Guardians of the Galaxy and an adorable Wall-E t-shirt!




Yoda Light Up Keyring


At first glance this is a cute little filler item - a sweet looking yoda figure to dangle from your keys. However, like so many battery operated novelty toys, this is a thing of pure evil.




This picture accurately captures the demonic glow of the eyes but it cannot convey the soulless, high pitched, maniacal laughter this keyring emits.

SO MANY NIGHTMARES.




Star Trek 'Starfleet' Badge/Bottle Opener/Keyring


I've never seen such a multi-purpose badge before - I can always appreciate a portable bottle opener. Even so, I'm not at all into Star Trek so this item really isn't for me. It is far more useful than a standard badge though, so Infinity Crates get points for that.




Millenium Falcon Sticker


Probably fun for fans of Star Wars but I really can't stand those films, so this is unfortunately a 'bin' item for me I think.




Space and Time Poster


Normally I hold onto the Infinity Crates posters - they've had some interesting things on in the past. I'm not really taken with this one though. It seems more like an advert for the box theme than anything that I might want to display. I probably won't be keeping this either.




Fizz Wiz Popping Candy


I'm a big fan of popping candy, this is a nice way to top the box off!




Info Card


Every box needs an info card! It annoys me so much when they don't include one. The one that Infinity Crates provide is especially useful because it shows you the alternative items that were sent out to subscribers with different interests to you.

Overall


Another fantastic month with Infinity Crates! The biggest downside to these boxes is the filler items - they don't tend to be overly useful and can just lead to annoying clutter if you don't like the theme that much. However, for £17 you're getting a Funko Pop! Vinyl and a T-Shirt that are geared specifically to your interests. It's a relatively small and simple box, but I really like that about it. There's definitely a personal touch to the items you receive. It won't be everybody's cup of tea, but if you want a fab figure and a new t-shirt to brighten your month (at relatively little cost) then I think this is the box for you.

Next month's theme is 'Unity'. Hints dropped so far have included Pokemon, Fantastic Four, Assassin's Creed and Halo. I'm not sold on it, but I'm feeling pretty loyal to Infinity Crates at the moment and I can't see myself unsubscribing just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment