Thursday 6 August 2015

ZBox July 2015 Review

ZBox: July 2015 Review, 'Supernatural'


Link: http://www.zavvi.com/offers/zbox.list




I signed up to a box I have never bought before for July - ZBox from Zavvi. I was mainly tempted because of the theme, which is 'Supernatural'. I was warned well in advance that the box would not arrive until August, but it is a long time to wait for a British July box!



The ZBox costs £20 per month, including p&p.

The box was inside a bag, which was nice and subtle. There wasn't a scratch or dent on the box, but some of the contents were loose enough to rattle and I was a little worried!

Thankfully, everything was in perfect condition. I took all the items out so you could see the box design on the inside:




The commitment to the theme was really great in this box - I was impressed.




'Lost Boys' T-Shirt


I've never actually seen Lost Boys, but my parents inform me that it is a really scary vampire film. I love the design on this t-shirt, so it had probably inspired me to see the film! It's great quality and a fun design, as well as being dark grey rather than black, so I'll probably get a lot of use out of this.




'Ghostbusters' Titans Vinyl Figure


I believe that this item is a ZBox Exclusive - everyone received the same special figure rather than the different ones listed on the side of the box. I don't collect Titans figures, but I do have a couple of them and I like them. A collectible is always a nice treat in a sub box. 

The figure looks like this:




I like this coloured Stay Puft variant - he has a home on my shelf already.




'Rivers of London' Comic


I think that this is a relatively new comic and I believe the cover is a ZBox Exclusive. I really like this - I love getting different comics in these boxes because it's an easy way of discovering new comics that I haven't heard of. I'm going to enjoy having a read of this. My only criticism is that the comic was not bagged or boarded, so there was a slightly higher risk of damage during transit.




'Pacman' Magnets


I love these! I have a magnetic board on my wall and these went perfectly on display there. They're really fun and, with Pacman being such a classic game, they're recognisable and enjoyable for just about everyone.




Build Your Own Zombie


This is one for the more creative types. This item invites you to build a zombie figure out of mouldable dough. I'm not sure how bothered I am about trying it out if I'm honest, but I think the idea is really fun and different - I can't say I've seen anything like this in another box.




'Ghost Rider' Keyring


This is a nice filler item - it's a popular brand (official Marvel product as well!) and it fits the theme really well.




'Ghostbusters' Postcard


This is a cute filler item - I think I'll put it on my wall.




Black Jack Sweet


Fantastic addition - I absolutely loved these things as a kid! I used to eat them until they turned my tongue grey.




ZBox Magazine


The magazine includes information about the items in the box, as well as featured unboxings and articles that relate to the theme. This is a really good feature of the box and it makes it feel like a lot of thought has gone into the whole process.



Overall:


I was really impressed by the ZBox for July. I felt like I got really good value for my money and good quality items that I can actually use. The theme was great and they did a fantastic job of keeping the items close to it. I don't know if it's one I'll get every month, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for more themes that appeal to me.

August's theme is 'Renegade' and it looks like it will feature Harley Quinn.

No comments:

Post a Comment