Wednesday 12 August 2015

Noob Cube August 2015 Review

Noob Cube: August 2015 Review, 'Ghosts N Stuff'


Link: www.noobcube.co.uk




My August Noob Cube arrived today! This month's theme was 'Ghosts N Stuff' and there was a guaranteed Funko Pop! Vinyl included.




The box was pretty full and they provided cards with information on the theme and upcoming events in August. Unfortunately, they don't include an info card on the items in the box.




'Scream' T-Shirt


I wasn't too sure whether this was a reference to Scream or to the comedy spoof 'Scary Movie', but I labelled it as a Scream t-shirt because of the iconic knife and mask imagery. It's a cool design and a good quality shirt. My only criticisms are the colour and the size of it - I ordered a small and it almost reaches my knees! I'm not the biggest fan of black t-shirts but I also can't really fault it because of the theme - black works well for horror.




'Twisty' Pop! Vinyl


I have only seen the first 2 seasons of American Horror Story (because I'm too much of a wimp to watch more), so the character isn't familiar to me. The Pop itself is amazingly detailed though and really scary looking! It's inspired me to find some courage and actually watch the rest of the show.

A closer look:




Even though I don't know the character, a Pop! Vinyl is always a win for me and I thought that this was a fantastic fit with the theme.




Stay Puft Marshmallows


I love these! It's a really original way of including Ghostbusters in the box (especially when every box is including Ghostbusters items at the moment). I love marshmallows as well, so these will be greatly enjoyed!




Beetlejuice Playing Cards


I don't play card games a lot these days, but I'm always really taken with cards that have cool designs. These are awesome and I'll definitely be holding onto them. Again, great for the theme as well.




Ghostbusters Vinyl Stickers


These are cute as a filler item. Stickers aren't overly useful but I like them better than badges.





Theme Badge


Just a little extra badge, nothing too exciting.


Overall:


I really liked this month's Noob Cube. I'm not completely sold on the t-shirt, but the rest of the items were great and they did a fantastic job of executing the theme.

This box is definitely comparable to Infinity Crates in terms of value and content. Noob Cube costs £3 more, but I think that is reflected in slightly higher value extras like the playing cards. I like both boxes but, if I had to pick, I think Infinity Crates have the edge due to the fact that they base contents on your interests, guarantee a Pop! Vinyl every month and cost slightly less.

Having said that, Noob Cube are doing a great job of delivering what they promise and they have some fantastic themes in the pipeline. I'm planning on ordering at least the next 2 boxes!

Next month's theme is 'Nature's Finest' and Noob Cube are allowing you to choose whether you wish to receive a Pop! Vinyl or Funko ReAction figure in your box.

No comments:

Post a Comment