Thursday 21 May 2015

Lootmonster

Lootmonster: UK Monthly Subscription Box Service


Link: www.lootmonster.co.uk

    My first Lootmonster box will be arriving this May 2015. It is a UK based geeky subscription box and costs £25.99 (with free p&p). This makes it one of the most expensive subscription boxes that I have ever come across, but I’m refusing to write it off on that basis because it also promises a significantly larger number of items. Each box will have 7-10 items, plus a t-shirt every month. This sounds like a really good deal, but with the box being the price that it is then it is really going to have to impress me in order to be worth keeping up with. The worst thing that I could imagine happening with this box would be that the 7-10 items were mostly filler and full of rubbish like sweets. I’m hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised by what Lootmonster has to offer.

    One thing about Lootmonster that really did stand out to me was that the 1 month subscription option doesn’t actually automatically renew. Automatic renewal can be a really useful feature when you’ve chosen a box that you’re confident in and know that you will love every month, but it can be a real pain when you’re wanting to find out what a box is like. A one off box purchase is sometimes really nice when you’re trying to figure out which one to go with. Boxes that automatically renew are weighted with financial obligation, particularly if you are forgetful like me and don’t cancel before the money is taken from you for a second box.

    So really, my Lootmonster box may or may not be a one off. It is expensive, but I’m happy that I can get a single box to try it out and see whether or not it’s for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment