Thursday 5 November 2015

Nerd Block October 2015 Review

Nerd Block: October 2015 Review, 'Trick or Treat'


Link: www.nerdblock.com




The theme for October's Nerd Block was 'Trick or Treat', so I was expecting there to be a bit of a Halloween/spooky twist on the items in this box.




Nerd Block had promised two vinyl figures in this box, but other than that there weren't many clues about what kind of things we were going to get.




Gremlins T-Shirt (glow in the dark)


I really liked the t-shirt that they included this month. It had a distinctly spooky feel and I love the Gremlins design. The glow in the dark aspect is a fun novelty - when dark, the design changes to a Gremlin that has gone bad and it actually looks really good.




Alien and Ripley Titans Vinyl Figures (exclusive twin pack)


I think this was a fantastic addition to the Halloween theme - a collectible from a classic scary film has to be appreciated. I also think that it's nice to get a bit of a break from the Funko products every now and again and see something a bit different.




Jem and the Holograms Annual


It might not be for everyone but I love getting comic books and graphic novels in these boxes and discovering new things. I've never read any Jem and the Holograms before, so I'm looking forward to getting into this. I also appreciate how well packaged this was - nobody wants to receive crumpled products.




Bob's Burgers Mad Libs


This is the kind of thing that can feel a bit useless unless you a specific time where you can use it, like an upcoming road trip or something. Even so, it's a fun item and I am a huge fan of Bob's Burgers, so it's nice to see the show getting some recognition in such a popular subscription service.




Zombie Hunter Dog Tags


Again, these are a bit of a novelty item but I can see them coming in handy for Halloween parties and any other occasions that call for scary dress up. I will probably hang on to these because I can see myself finding some obscure use for them at some point.




Moe's Tavern Coaster


I'm always a fan of a decent coaster and this one is actually pretty well made - I'll definitely be finding a use for this around the house. It's also nice to see a nod towards such a classic show in a relatively subtle way.





As always, Nerd Block included some great info cards that tell you a little more about the items that you've been sent that month. 





They also included these spoilers for November's Nerd Block Classic. I'm excited for the Sherlock Exclusive, but I can't help being slightly annoyed at the inclusion of Star Wars and Firefly items now that they have started an independent Sci Fi box - I feel like that genre of items should be kept to one box.


Overall:


I was impressed by the October Nerd Block Classic. There was a nice mix of useful and novelty items and, even though they were a little mix and match, everything tied in quite nicely with the theme. There was nothing that I disliked in this box!

(It was also quite nice that they didn't join every other subscription service in jumping on the Back to the Future bandwagon this month)


Look out for my review of November's box next month.


Remember to follow this blog if you want to see more posts like this. Comment below if you have any questions about Nerd Block or any of this month's items and let me know what you guys thought of October's box!



Click on the following link to see my past Nerd Block reviews:





No comments:

Post a Comment