Sunday 22 November 2015

ZBox October 2015 Review

ZBox October 2015 Review, 'Time Travel'







ZBox isn't one of my regular subscription boxes, but I couldn't resist the teasers for an exclusive Funko Pop! Vinyl in this month's items. 

ZBox is produced by Zavvi, so I have high expectations for a box being sold by such a big, well known company. I was really pleased with the last one that I purchased from them so I was definitely excited for this unboxing.




The design on the inside of the box was absolutely beautiful and included loads of fab time travel references. October was such a significant 'Back to the Future' month that most of the sub box services really went for the time travel theme.




Marty McFly Funko Pop! Vinyl (Exclusive)


This Pop was fantastic and was made all the more so by the fact that it was the second half of the exclusive Back to the Future set - and LootCrate sent me the first half (Doc Brown) earlier in the month! You can see that review - here -

He differs from the regular Marty McFly Pop in that he is wearing his iconic jacket from the second film, and he is standing on a hover board.




Blink Time Watch


ZBox included a watch in this month's box! It was a pretty good idea for a time travel themed box and seemed to be a relatively high value item. The watch is really rubbery - it seems pretty resilient - and displays the time when you press down on the face of it. The watch appears blank unless you press it. I quite like the concept, but I can't wear watches because of eczema on my wrists, stopping this item from being all that useful to me unfortunately.




Doctor Who Tardis Socks


I really like these socks - they come all the way up to my knees, which makes them really warm and cosy! They are a bit large on my tiny feet but they are definitely wearable. I don't think that you can have a time travel box without having at least a nod to the Doctor, so I approve of this item.




Chrononauts Comic


I always love the inclusion of a comic book in a sub box, especially one that I have never come across before like this one. Things like this are so much more fun and involving than small, crappy items that are easily dismissed.




The ZBox Magazine


I love that ZBox include a magazine like this - it includes loads of info about the items and the theme. It's basically the best version of an info card, and I think info cards in these boxes are extremely important.



Overall:


I thought this was a good box. I was over the moon with the Pop and I thought everything was really well selected for the theme of the box. It was unfortunate that the watch wasn't particularly useful to me, as that was definitely one of the highest value items, but I was generally impressed.


Remember to follow this blog if you want to see more posts like this. Comment below if you have any questions about ZBox or any of this month's items and let me know what you guys thought of October's box!


If you want to see my last ZBox review, click on the following link:





No comments:

Post a Comment