Sunday 22 November 2015

Arcade Block October 2015 Review

Arcade Block: October 2015 Review


Link: www.nerdblock.com





This month's Arcade Block contained a real mix of items. I wanted to give the block another go though, because I really loved the Legend of Zelda box that they did for September.




There didn't appear to be a huge number of items, but there were some quite sizeable things included in the box. The box was also rattling when it arrived, which initially had me quite worried for the safety of the items, but it turned out that there was a good reason for that.




Call of Duty T-Shirt


I can't fault the design or fit of the t-shirt in any way (besides it being yet another black t-shirt), but I have never been into Call of Duty - meaning that this was a bit of a miss for me. It's a great t-shirt for an Arcade Block though, it's purely unfortunate that I happen to not be into the franchise.




Atari Cap


I love the retro design of this - I love a good throwback to old style gaming. I also love hats but, having said that, I cannot pull off a cap in any way shape or form. Caps are not a good look for me. I might hang on to it for comedy value, but I could never wear this and be taken seriously as a human being.




Retro City Rampage


It was so cool that Arcade Block actually included a retro game like this, and included enough formats for it to be accessible to basically anyone! This is a great item - I love this.




Fallout Funko Mystery Mini


I was really excited for this item because this was actually my first ever mystery mini! I also love the Fallout series, so this was probably my favourite item in the box. I wasn't expecting the mini to be quite as big as it was either - it's nearly as tall as a Pop. The style of the figures is fantastic though.




The mini that I received was 'The Mysterious Stranger'. I'm not sure what role he plays in the other games, but I remember him as a perk that you could gain in Fallout 3 - where he would appear out of nowhere during combat and help you out. I was hoping for a more high profile character, but I still love this guy.




Titanfall K'Nex


This was, of course, the item that I could hear rattling in the box! I haven't played the game, but this is a really fun item. Okay, it might be a bit childish, but it will probably give me something to do on a rainy day. This also seems a relatively high value item to receive in a box like this, so this (along with the game and the mystery mini) more than made up for the clothing items being a bit of a miss.




Like last time, Arcade Block included a great info card to give you all the details about your new video game merchandise.



Overall:


This was a good Arcade Block and I was pretty pleased with what I received. I wasn't a fan of the wearables, which was unfortunate and purely down to taste/interests on my part I think. Otherwise, everything was perfectly selected for a video game themed box.


Remember to follow this blog if you want to see more posts like this. Comment below if you have any questions about Arcade Block or any of this month's items and let me know what you guys thought of October's box!


If you want to see last month's Arcade Block review, follow the link below:



No comments:

Post a Comment