Sunday 22 November 2015

Nerd Block November 2015 Review

Nerd Block: November 2015 Review, 'Tis the Season'


Link: www.nerdblock.com




November's Nerd Block was themed 'Tis the Season', in preparation for the festive season. Spoilers hinted at Firefly, Star Wars and Sherlock items being included in this month's box.




My first impressions of this box were very good!




'Back to the Nightmare' T-Shirt


I absolutely love this crossover between Back to the Future and the Nightmare Before Christmas. I absolutely love the look of the design and the background is navy, which also looks great. 




Sherlock Titans Vinyl Figure


I don't enjoy the Titans figures as much as the Funko figures, but they're still a really nice item to see in a box. Thanks to Nerd Block, I now have a fun little collection of these guys building up. I love Sherlock as well, so seeing a Sherlock item in a box is always a treat for me.

A closer look:




This guy even comes with a little magnifying glass to hold, which is completely adorable.




Firefly Ornament


I'm not overly excited by the inclusion of a Firefly collectible because I was never able to really get into the show - it's just not my thing. The ship itself is well made though and really quite solid. This would be a lovely thing to receive if you were a fan of the show, so I can't fault Nerd Block for including it. The box that it came in was also beautifully decorated and put together, which is great if you want to use it for presentation or storage.




Star Wars Calendar


It's only fitting that subscription boxes are including the odd Star Wars item at the minute, with the new film coming out this month. Having said that, I'm really not a fan of the franchise and have no use for merchandise like this. It seems like a great calendar for a fan though, and it's a 16 month calendar rather than a 12 month calendar. I'm also relieved that the Star Wars item was quite a small thing in the box, as I don't feel so bad about not getting so much use out of it.




Griswold Moose Shot Glass


This was a lovely little item to receive (if incredibly frustrating to photograph) and I'm sure I'll get some use out of it over the holidays! It's really detailed for such a little glass and I love the antlers on each side.




The announcement for next month's theme was a little bit disappointing for me, because December's box is going to be 'Star Wars'.

I'm a little annoyed, because I do think that this box would be best suited for the sci-fi subscribers, rather than those who subscribe to the classic block. I'm going to be giving this one a miss, but I will be reviewing an arcade block next month instead of this one.


Overall:


I liked this month's Nerd Block! It wasn't my favourite box from them ever, but there were still some really charming items and I did love the t-shirt. I will be skipping the December block, but I'll be back to reviewing as usual in January.


Remember to follow this blog if you want to see more posts like this. Comment below if you have any questions about Nerd Block Classic or any of this month's items and let me know what you guys thought of November's box!


If you want to see more of my Nerd Block reviews, please click on the following link:



No comments:

Post a Comment