Sunday 18 October 2015

Popinabox September 2015 Review

Popinabox: September 2015 Review


Link: www.popinabox.co.uk


So, for September I ordered my largest Popinabox yet - 4 Pops - and received them in two batches. The first Pop I received was by itself in a small box:





This Pop was really well packaged and arrived in great condition. It also was a Pop that fitted very well with one I received the month before.




Dana Scully Funko Pop! Vinyl


This was a good choice for me - I love the X Files and I like that I now have a Scully and an Alien to show off. I'm not too bothered about collecting the Cigarette Smoking Man, but it would be nice to have a Mulder to go with these guys.

A closer look:





Unfortunately, the next 3 Pops that they sent me arrived in terrible condition. It wasn't even damage that happened in transit - the Pops had been forced into the box in such a way that the boxes simply caved under the pressure. Whoever packed the boxes clearly gave no thought to the physics of cramming delicate items into an obviously too small space.

I contacted Popinabox and it took them more than a week to get back to me (not a great effort in my opinion). They did offer to replace the Pops, but I was pretty fed up by that point (and I am exceptionally lazy) and I couldn't be arsed to deal with all the posting chaos that was involved.







Lafayette Reynolds Funko Pop! Vinyl


Lafayette took the worst of the damage unfortunately - his box has just disintegrated at this point. I am a True Blood fan though, so the Pop itself was a nice surprise. 




Bill Compton Funko Pop! Vinyl


Again, pleased with the Pop itself but a bit disappointed with the damage. Bill's box was the most intact though, so this one was salvageable. 




Alcide Herveaux Funko Pop! Vinyl


I think there might have been a bit of a theme to my box this month, what do you guys think? If it wasn't for the horrible packaging job, I would have been super happy with this haul.



Overall:


This is the first time that Popinabox has let me down and it made me a bit wary. I'm definitely bringing my subscription back down to a cheaper one, if not pausing it completely for a while. They just seem to have become a little more careless since they expanded to being an international service and I expected a bit better from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment